Important Information Regarding COVID-19
To Our Valued Patients:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Integration of high-volume suctioning into each treatment suite.
- HEPA filters added to every office for maximum cleanliness of recirculated air.
- Hand Sanitizer will be made readily available throughout the office. Proper hand hygiene is your first line of defense in protection. We will also be wiping down common areas including restrooms, waiting rooms, door knobs, counters, etc. every hour.
- Our office may be noticeably cooler as our employees are wearing additional PPE for your safety, as well as their own safety. We encourage you to bring a light sweater or jacket to your visit.
- We are offering early scheduling times for our seniors and medically vulnerable patients. Please ask us about early hours when you call us.
In conjunction with our current Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), our clinical team will also be equipped with the following during treatment procedures:
- Full face shields
- ASTM Level 3 Masks, N95 and KN95 Masks
As far as our check-in and checkout process, that has also been streamlined. You will be utilizing multiple new techniques to minimize your time in the waiting area. However, plexiglass barriers have been placed at our check in and check out areas. Our plan is to ensure that any follow-up care appointments, payments, and financial arrangements are taken care of prior to your visit with us. No need to get cozy in our reception area. We know your time is valuable and our goal is to minimize your time in the office. Please note – during this time, communication via text and email is very important to make sure you have all the latest, most up to date information about your appointments. Please choose “opt in” on the patient connect invitations.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at office number or visit our website at web address.
If you are on Facebook, we always provide lots of great information there, so like us at Facebook.com/VFDental. Also feel free to visit our Youtube Channel for updates by visiting: tinyurl.com/y97etaah. We’ve posted some amazing content for you. In addition, we will keep you posted on your local office opening date. We’ve included team member interviews, fun things we’ve been doing, and our continued community involvement. At Village Family Dental, we are always striving to be “Giving You More Reasons to Smile”.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
The Team at Village Family Dental